Pages

Friday, 24 December 2010

::: Town VS Country :::



Living in the country is so completely different to anywhere I have ever lived before. I grew up on the East coast of Scotland in a tiny village not far from a small town. We always had at least four Christmas trees, one of them real. We would decorate every single one of them with funny handmade decorations me, my brother and sisters had made at school. It was always warm and happy.

When Steve and I moved in together we had a tiny one bedroomed flat at the edge of the small town and bought a few simple Christmas decorations and still spent Christmas Day with family.

We then moved into the heart of another small town just 30 minutes away from our hometown. It was a gorgeous two bedroomed townhouse over four floors. It had an amazing fireplace and wooden floors, but being in the town meant it was noisy and people were always milling past. We still chose to spend Christmas Day with family.

Now, in our cosy four bedroomed cottage on the West coast we are so unbelievably happy. We have no neighbours and no noise from cars driving past, just simple living. We can hear the trickle of the ice melting in the river that flows into the loch, the cows and sheep greeting the farmer every morning and the occasional meow from Lucky if we have slept in.

The best bit was coming come last night and finding two gorgeous deer in the garden!

This will be the first Christmas we have spent just the two of us. We are both looking forward to it as much as we are going to miss being with our families.

I won't be posting tomorrow as I'm sure you're all aware that it's Christmas Eve today and there is still a few more things this little elf has to get done before tomorrow. I'll be back in a couple of days and tell you all about the new decorations I've been making!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. wow, sounds so nice! I have lived in the country before and I miss it so much! I live in a small town now but my house is in a suburban neighborhood. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete