Pages

Thursday, 23 December 2010

::: Christmas Spirit :::


Every year it feels like Christmas starts earlier and earlier. Once the Halloween decorations, costumes and sweets (or Thanksgiving if you're on the other side of the world) are out of the shops the candy canes and mistletoe seem to jump right in their places.

I don't know if it's because it has been snowing earlier this year or because we are so far away from family for the first time but I have been full of the Christmas spirit and have not been sucked into buying unnecessary food, gifts or decorations.

I have been taking time to just sit. I sit and watch the snow fall, quickly running to a window in another room to see a familiar view changing. I sit and watch the bunnies happily playing together and seeing their little personalities, Henrick won't stray far from my side whereas Layla is very independent and goes off exploring all on her own.

I wrap presents in silence, enjoying the feeling of warmth that floats throughout this cottage of ours, writing silly limericks on gift tags and setting them under the tree waiting to be carefully chosen on Christmas morning then quickly ripped open to see what hides inside.

It is truly peaceful here and I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like a quiet peace. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete