Pages

Thursday, 4 November 2010

::: AMY FROM MOD PODGE ROCKS! :::

 
Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Amy Anderson, and yes, I do like alliteration.  I also love Mod Podge, as you can see from my blog's name.  I'm a crafter from the rainy Pacific Northwest  living in the hot South.  It's a long story as to how I got here, but I can tell you that for now, this where I'm supposed to be.  I work out of my one bedroom apartment, also known as "Mod Podge Command Central."  MPCC is home to me and my three rescue dogs.  It's a good time!  


What is Mod Podge?

It's an adhesive, sealer and finish used for decoupage - really, it's the most amazing crafting medium in the world.  Decoupage started back in the 1700s in France with intricate paper layering, and the craft has changed a lot since then.  It's become modern, or modern decoupage, which is where Mod Podge got its name. I get a lot of people asking me if it's watered down craft glue, and the answer is no way!  Mod Podge glues things down, but it also seals them.  Mod Podge is built to last.  It's like craft glue on steroids.
 

 
How/when did you start blogging and why do you love it so much?

It was about two years ago that I thought about blogging for the first time.  I've always been a late adapter when it comes to technology.  I knew about blogs but I didn't read them that much, at least compared to the amount of time I spend on them now.  I was very interested in Mod Podge so I went online to investigate, and I realize there were blogs for all types of crafting - but none specifically devoted to decoupage.  I decided rather than just wonder if someone was going to make one, I would do it myself!  That was the start, and now here I am.  The best part about blogging is sharing with so many other amazing women.  I never anticipated making the wonderful friendships I have.  I've even gotten to meet fellow bloggers in person and they are always amazing people.

 
Where do you find your inspiration for crafting?

Everywhere, and I keep a craft inspiration book to record everything that I see.  If I find something online, in a magazine, just think of it. . . it goes into the craft inspiration book.  I've found that the more I craft, the more I think of.  If you don't have a craft inspiration book, you should start one today!  It's perfect if you ever have "crafter's block."

 
How does blogging fit in with your everyday life?

Let me tell you something about blogging - if you are serious about it, it's an all-the-time deal.  I don't mean that in a negative way at all. I love blogging!  It is a lot of work though, and I do it all the time.  It becomes a juggling act with fitting the projects, photos, writing and posting into daily life.  You learn through trial and error how to balance everything.  It's very fulfilling, and as I mentioned before, the people I've met having been amazing.  Crafting is such a small part of my blogging.

 
What is your favourite crafty item you have made so far?
It's very hard to choose - I love many of the projects I've done for different reasons.  Today my favorite project is the upcycled owl table I did (http://www.modpodgerocksblog.com/2010/10/i-upcycled-table-and-used-owl-fabric-on.html), because it took me SO long to do it, and when I finished it felt great!  I will tell you that there have been times that I've finished projects and wanted to throw them in the garbage.  If that happens to you, don't let it get you down. Keep on going. Not everything can be a winner!  You may have spent hours on something, but remember that whatever you did is a learning experience.


I look forward to hearing more from Amy in the future and I hope you will all go and check our her website too!

(All quotes and photographs used in this particular post are the property of Amy Anderson and www.modpodgerocksblog.com and will remain so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment