Pages

Thursday, 2 September 2010

::: Banoffee Love :::




Many of you might know that I absolutely LOVE banoffee pie, mmmmm!

Well, as we are moving just 3 days (yes, 3!) before my birthday I was allowed to have my special banoffee pie early.

It is the gooiest and sweetest thing ever, and I'm only allowed it once a year so I make the most of it.

Ingredients

Base:
85g (3oz) butter, melted
250g (9oz) dark chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed

Filling:
200g (7oz) dark chocolate, melted
397g can Carnation Caramel

Top:
4 bananas
300ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
cocoa powder, to dust

Method

1.Add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits and blend well. Press the mixture into the base and partway up the sides of an 18cm (7") loose-bottomed cake tin, then chill well.

2.Make the filling: melt the chocolate gently in the microwave then mix in the Carnation Caramel. Beat until smooth. Spread the filling over the biscuit base and chill for about 1 hour, until firm.

3.To serve, slice the bananas, fold half of them into the whipped cream and spoon over the base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment