Pages

Thursday, 22 April 2010

:::My discovery of Waldorf and Ostheimer Toys:::

Having stumbled across the Waldorf Mama blog today I have learned lots of new information.

I have fallen in love with Waldorf Dolls but more importantly I want want want some Ostheimer figures. How gorgeous are they? I mean, c’mon, who wouldn’t love them?

These toys are designed to stimulate a child’s mind by getting them to use their imagination. Each and every one has been handmade with love and care over the past 60 years or so.

Here are some pictures from Myraid Natural Toys.






















Hoping to get my hands on some of these in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely toys...I recently discovered a great company called Holtztiger...they are lovely Waldorf inspired toys, sort of along the same lines, made in Germany I think! Waldorf Mama inspired me too...I'm thinking in rainbows these days!!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, thanks for the comment, I'll go and have a look at Holtztiger now... will probably keep me busy until the end of the day :)
    I love Waldorf Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you haven't any charity in your heart you have the worst kind of heart trouble" to cure it help people, let's unite for one good cause, be a volunteer"save lives"! mawaddainternationalaid

    ReplyDelete