Pages

Monday, 11 January 2010

::Staying Warm::


This is an image that reminds me of home. It's my parents piano and the top is covered with photographs. Photographs which are so old they have yellowed, alongside brand new ones such as our wedding. It shows people I have never known and people who are beside me everyday. This is what home means to me.

I have been unusually focused on our home these past couple of days, whether it is down to the fact we are both suffering horrible bouts of the flu, and want to stay warm, or the fact that we have been in this house for our entire married life and had a wonderful Christmas together, I just don’t know.

It’s wonderful to give the house a bit of TLC and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing.

After a trip to IKEA (over 100 miles away!) we made it home with new bed covers, 2 gorgeous pine bedside cabinets, some kitchen utensils and new storage boxes for our Christmas decorations (I didn’t realise how much we had. Note to self: Buy more storage boxes on next IKEA trip.) Another trip out and we came home with a new duvet to keep us (hopefully) warm.

Although we have both been sofa-ridden with a new fleecy snowman blanket (Thanks to Sarah, Jeremy and Toby), and drinking hot lemon for days on end we have both perked up and are feeling more homely.

For the first time in nearly 6 months I have finally reached the bottom of the ironing basket! Hurrah! Every month I would quickly iron things we needed such as Steve’s shirts for work or my ‘comfy’ clothes. At the bottom of the pile were things we hardly ever wear - mostly summer clothes.

I must have been on a roll as I cleared out my entire crafting area and reorganised everything and it all looks so much better. I’ll get a snapshot up soon, I promise.

In the meantime I hope you are all staying cosy and snuggling up to loved ones, because that’s exactly the remedy we are using to feel better. And it works, I promise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment